In 1940, M. S. Davis established an insurance agency in Columbia, Tennessee. In the years immediately following, he acquired several existing agencies, one of which was representing the Westchester Fire Insurance Company with origins that dated at least as early as 1884. In 1942, M. S. Davis and T. Ernest Redman joined forces and reorganized all of their various agencies under the name of Redman-Davis, Inc.
Redman-Davis, Inc. and its antecedents have always represented some of the top insurance companies in the world and have always placed a high priority on customer service. Just one of the many examples of recognition the firm has received appeared in the local newspaper on October 2, 1903: “Premium awarded for the best insurance agency…because they represent the best companies and pay your loss quickest.”
R. R. Cathey joined the firm in 1968 as Vice President. In 1973, Mr. Cathey became its President and majority stock holder. Other stockholders were William E. Smith, Vice President, who joined the firm in 1976, and Lois W. Williams, Secretary/Treasurer, who was associated with the firm since 1949.
During the 1980’s, Redman-Davis, Inc. purchased three other agencies in Columbia, Tennessee. In January 1997, Redman-Davis, Inc. was purchased by Mr. Thomas W. Jennings. The company name was not changed.